APPLY TO BE A POLL CLERK FOR THE CESAR ELECTION. APPLY BY FRIday, Feberuary 23 at 5p.m.
All part-time degree, continuing education, and full-time students enrolled in a Chang School course have an opportunity to be part of CESAR’s democratic election process. Poll clerks are required to staff the poll stations located at designated areas around campus.
Duration of Employment: March 12 – March 15, 2018
Compensation- $14 per hour
NOTE: Candidates must be available Monday, March 12 – Thursday, March 15 from 3:30-8:30p.m. Successful applicants are required to waive their right to be eligible for candidacy or supporting any candidate in elections of the current academic year.
To be a CESAR Poll Clerk, you must maintain the integrity of the Students’ Union at all times by performing all tasks with confidentiality, honesty and responsibility. All Poll Clerks are required to:
- Attend a mandatory training session and show up for designated shifts as assigned
- Uphold confidentiality and ensure impartiality at all times
- Not be a candidate for the current election
- Never give information or your opinion about the elections or candidates to any Ryerson student
- Not campaign for any candidate or team during the entire elections process; this includes both prior to and after becoming a poll clerk
- Set up voting booths, computers, tables and other supplies for the poll
- Open and close the polling station.
- Locate voter names on the list and issue voters their appropriate ballot
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting process and abide by rules established for the election
- Work at least 1 shift between the hours of 3:30p.m. and 8:30p.m. Monday March 12– Thursday March 15.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief Returning Officer
Note: Poll clerks may be asked to assist with ballot counting during the evening on Thursday March 15, 2018
Interested candidates should send their resume via email in PDF or Word to ELECTIONS@MYCESAR.CA by Friday, February 23 at 5p.m.
With your resume, please indicate your availability for each of these days:
- Monday, March 12, from 3:30-8:30p.m.
- Tuesday, March 13, from 3:30-8:30p.m.
- Wednesday, March 14, from 3:30-8:30p.m.
- Thursday March 15, from 3:30-8:30p.m.
We thank all who apply, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please no phone calls or solicitation emails.