The Continuing Education Students’ Association of Ryerson (CESAR) offers an Emergency Grant for part-time degree, and continuing education students at Ryerson. The goal behind this Grant is to assist students who are experiencing unexpected and emergency financial situations.
The CESAR emergency grant is not intended to pay course tuition fees, ancillary fees, or course text books
If you require assistance with the growing financial cost of attending University CESAR encourages you to apply for the CESAR bursary that is available each term.
Eligibility for Emergency Grant:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a part-time degree, continuing education or distance education course during the term of their application for a grant
- The applicant must demonstrate serious, emergency financial need due to unexpected circumstance that has recently occurred and is beyond their control
- Typically grants are awarded on medical and compassionate grounds, such as in cases of serious illness, death of a family member, eviction, and layoffs, to name a few.
Supporting documentation is required to validate claims and the need for financial support.
Your application will not be processed without supporting documentation and proof of enrollment and student status at Ryerson University
- Eligible applicants who have received the CESAR or Chang School bursary for the same term are eligible to apply for the CESAR emergency grant
- Grants can be approved for up to a maximum of $500 once per academic year (an academic year is September to August 31).
- Full-time undergraduate degree students and all graduate degree students are not eligible to apply for the CESAR emergency grant. Full-time undergraduates and graduate students have access to an emergency grant through the Ryerson Students’ Union (RSU)
- Applicants above 65 years old are not eligible to apply.
- Eligible applicants must complete the on-line application in full
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to carefully complete all sections and provide required supporting documentation and proof to verify the need.
- If necessary, the Vice President Services may request a meeting or telephone interview with the applicant to obtain additional information and details.
- Approved applicants will be notified by the Vice President Services via e-mail and/or telephone of the CESAR Board of Directors decision within twelve (10) business days from receipt of the application, provided all required documentation is submitted and student status has been confirmed.
Please note that no applications will be processed between Monday, December 19, 2017 and Monday, January 8, 2018. If you’ve applied within this period, please allow ten (10) business days for processing from Monday, January 8, 2018.
- All decisions of CESAR Board of Directors are final and binding, there is no appeal process.
- Approved applicants are required to pick-up their checks in person at the CESAR office during hours of operation. Cheques not claimed within one full month of being issued will be voided and cancelled.
All information collected is used for the sole purpose of evaluating the candidate’s needs, and will be kept private and confidential.